Stamping & Formability
AHSS Formability (TRAINING) – Advanced High Strength Steels is a broad category of steels that encompass many different grades having different characteristics that affect forming. This course will take you through process design and process maintenance, both critical to robust operations.
AHSS Guidelines (TRAINING) – The AHSS Guidelines provide global best practices for forming and joining AHSS and 3rd Gen Steels, click here for a downloadable copy. The guidelines available through WorldAutoSteel enable those who are making automotive structures to master the fundamentals and get up to speed on specific application knowledge. Automotive designers, engineers and press shop personnel can all benefit from the Guidelines as they apply these steels to vehicle manufacturing.
- Anti-Wear Improvement of Stamping Die Materials Through Duplex Chroming – 5/21/2019 – Eric McCarty – A/SP (GDIS 2018)
- A New Hybrid Bead with Post-stretching Method to Effectively Control Spring-back for Advanced High-Strength Steel – 5/16/2018 – Yu-Wei Wang – AK Steel Corporation on behalf of A/SP (GDIS 2018)
- A Comprehensive Study of Hole Punching for AHSS – 5/16/2018 – Chao Pu – AK Steel Corporation on behalf of A/SP (GDIS 2018)
- Evaluation of Die Wear with Stamping DP1180 Steel – 5/22/2017 – Wei Wu – AK Steel Corporation on behalf of A/SP
- Impact-Sliding Wear Tests on Duplex-Treated Die Materials (37 MB) – 10/31/2012 – The impact-sliding wear test was used to evaluate the effects of die steel and pre-treatment on duplex coating resistance to impact-sliding wear.
- Coating Impact Fatigue Test – Phase II – 10/31/2012 – A sliding-impact fatigue test has been successfully developed to investigate coating failures and better understanding of coating failure behavior.
- Procedures for Testing Characteristics of Automotive Sheet Steel Lubricants – 10/12/2012 – Report that specifies the acceptable performance requirements for automotive sheet metal lubricants.
- Stamping and Formability – Characterization of Mechanically Sheared Edges of DP Steels Final Report – 10/1/2010 – Result of edge characterization of mechanically pierced parts, study on characterization of laser-cut edges, project results and conclusions
- Stamping and Formability – Fracture Analysis of AHSS Draw-bending Final Report – 10/1/2010 – EWi/OSU AHSS draw-bending shear fracture project and final report, and FEA modeling at the micro-structure level
- Stamping and Formability – Measurement of Strain Distribution Using Digital Image Correlation – 10/1/2010 – Investigates the whole field lagrangian strain measurement with DIC during tensile testing and compares results with the traditional method
- Stamping and Formability – Skid Line Lab Experiments for Sheet Metal Surface Quality Analysis – 10/1/2010 – Analysis of experimental samples that provide evidence for the development of practical criteria for skid-line issue control
- Stamping and Formability – Cross Cowl Executive Summary – 6/1/2007 – Summary of the springback phenomena associated with a cross cowl structural member made from DP steel in stamping tryouts
- Stamping and Formability – Cross Cowl Member Stamping Trial Final Report – 6/1/2007 – Springback phenomena associated with a cross cowl structural member from dual phase steel in stamping tryouts using the A/SP master die shoe
- Enhanced Forming Limit Diagrams – Technology Report-Final – 1/1/2003 – Technical report that helps automakers select the optimum steel for drawn and formed parts to produce higher quality panels
- Stamping and Formability – High_Strength_Steel_Stamping_Design_Manual – 12/1/2000 – Collaborative product-process development guidelines for HSS stampings