AHSS Stamping investigates a wide array of studies supporting the accelerated application of innovative AHSS products to reduce vehicle weight and to improve structural performance. The approach is to divide the broad project spectrum of possibilities into three categories, including: evaluate steels using baseline industry tools; address production challenges; and improve capabilities for analysis methods. The Team’s primary focus is on springback prediction, control and validation and on predicting press tonnage needed to trim and form 3rd Gen AHSS.
Focal Projects & Priorities
Spring Back Prediction, Control and Validation is a priority focal project for A/SP. The Stamping Team has multiple projects addressing springback including; Modeling, Combination Bead Die, Hybrid Bead and Twist Die Studies.
Resources: Training & Publications
- Automotive AHSS Training Courses – Formability
- Stamping and Formability – Characterization of Mechanically Sheared Edges of DP Steels Final Report
- Stamping and Formability – Fracture Analysis of AHSS Draw-bending Final Report
- Stamping and Formability – Measurement of Strain Distribution Using Digital Image Correlation
- Stamping and Formability – Skid Line Lab Experiments for Sheet Metal Surface Quality Analysis
- Stamping and Formability – Cross Cowl Executive Summary
- Stamping and Formability – Cross Cowl Member Stamping Trial Final Report
- Stamping and Formability – High Strength Steel Stamping Design Manual
- Lightweight Twist Beam Final Report