TheAHSS Stamping Team is investigating a wide array of studies supporting the accelerated application of innovative AHSS products to reduce vehicle weight and to improve structural performance. The approach is to divide the broad project spectrum of possibilities into three categories, including: evaluate steels using baseline industry tools; address production challenges; and improve capabilities for analysis methods. The Team’s primary focus is on springback prediction, control and validation, local formability of AHSS and 3rd Gen AHSS and on predicting press tonnage needed to trim and form 3rd Gen AHSS.
Focal Projects & Priorities
Spring Back Prediction, Control and Validation is a priority focal project for A/SP. The Stamping Team has multiple projects addressing springback including; Modeling, Combination Bead Die, Hybrid Bead and Twist Die Studies.
3rd Gen AHSS Press Tonnage
The 3rd Gen AHSS Press Tonnage project is a focal challenge to enable accurate prediction of press tonnage needed to form 3rd Gen AHSS panels.
Resources: Training & Publications
- Automotive AHSS Training Courses – Formability
- 2022 GDIS Presentations
- 2021 GDIS Presentations
- Combination Bead Impact on Springback
- Stamping and Formability – Characterization of Mechanically Sheared Edges of DP Steels Final Report
- Stamping and Formability – Fracture Analysis of AHSS Draw-bending Final Report
- Stamping and Formability – Measurement of Strain Distribution Using Digital Image Correlation
- Stamping and Formability – Skid Line Lab Experiments for Sheet Metal Surface Quality Analysis
- Stamping and Formability – Cross Cowl Executive Summary
- Stamping and Formability – Cross Cowl Member Stamping Trial Final Report
- Stamping and Formability – High Strength Steel Stamping Design Manual
- Lightweight Twist Beam Final Report